- Be Useful – if your post isn’t informing, inspiring, entertaining or making someone’s life better – don’t publish it until it does.
- Share your Opinion – opinions are often what sets bloggers apart from the pack.
- Cut out the Fluff – before you hit publish, revise your post and remove anything that doesn’t add value.
- Visualise Your Reader – writing with a reader in mind personalises your writing.
- Make Your Posts Scannable – only 16% of people read every word online. Format your posts so that your main points stand out.
- Work and Rework You Headlines – a good headline can be the difference between a blog post being read, or ignored.
- Write with Passion – when you show you care about what you’re writing, your readers are more likely to care too.
- Give your Readers something to do Next – ask your readers to DO something once they finish reading. It could be to read something else, comment, apply a lesson, share the post etc.
- Tell Stories – stories are powerful ways of connecting with, inspiring and teaching your readers – they also create memories
- Give Your Posts Visual Appeal – the inclusion of an eye-catching image or a well designed diagram can take your post to the next level.
- Practise – the best way to improve your writing is to write. Practise Makes Perfect.