Keep Your Facebook Account Safe From Hackers
Imagine you get up in the morning and login to your Facebook account to check the message and status of your near and dear friends. But surprisingly it is saying your have entered an invalid password even though you have not changed the password. That means your account has been a victim of phishing.
This is really a nightmare as all of your friends, pages and information has been compromised. Facebook has given some guidelines so that people can keep the account safe and secure. Here are some of the main points described below,
- Always login to Facebook using https i.e. https://www.facebook.com/ as it is more secure. When you use the https option, all your activity on Facebook is encrypted which makes harder for anyone to access your Facebook information without your permission.
- Do not open the Facebook login link from any unfamiliar sources like from any email, website.
- Never store password in browsers, especially if you are accessing from any local computer.
- Always use Lastpass for all passwords and set it up for multi-factor authentication.
- For protecting your password always give complex password like combination of character, number and punctuations and should be more than six characters long.Do not use the same password which you use for other accounts.
- If you are using a public computer never check the ‘Remember Me’ box as it stores the log even after you logged out. After you log out from Facebook always close the browser.
- Add a secondary email address to Facebook and your valid mobile phone number. It will help you to get recovery of your account in case your Facebook account is hacked or compromised.